Singapore – December 2017
- GrabJobs secured US$1.2M from Business Angels and Family Offices to accelerate its growth in existing markets such as Singapore, Philippines, Thailand and Myanmar.
- The company aims at developing its proprietary technology by focusing on the job matching technology, a cross-platform posting, and its interview/chat bot technologies.
GrabJobs was founded on July 2015 in Singapore by Emmanual Crouy (Co-founder & CEO) and Mark Melo (Co-founder & CCO). The company operates a chat-bot enabled, mobile first job platform in Southeast Asia.
Pre-A Round Mandate
In 2017, GrabJobs approached Vantage Capital to advise their Pre-A round of financing which aimed to secure funds to further develop their core product and accelerate their growth into Southeast Asia.
- Value Creation
– We evaluated GrabJobs’s core offering and collaborated with the team on drafting their vision and mission.
– We advised the company on developing its sales strategy and having a KPIs approach to decision making
- Fundraising Preparation
– We assisted in the preparation of best-in-class documentation.
– We leveraged our network to build a list of angel investors who have expertise in technology, finance and HR.
– We proposed to structure the deal using a SAFE Agreement to accommodate potential Venture Capital investors in GrabJobs Series A round.
- Negotiation and Closing
– We defined a detailed execution plan and a clear use of funds.
– We built momentum around the fundraising resulting in an oversubscribed round.
We raised a USD $1.2 million Pre-A Round led by Business Angels and Family Offices. As a result of both our operational and financial support, GrabJobs has enjoyed significant growth in its key metrics post-close.
As such, our Managing Director, Jean-Pierre Sedaghat was offered a board seat to continue supporting GrabJobs.
Founders & CEO Testimonial
“Jean-Pierre has been a dedicated advisor during our fundraising process and growth plan. He focused on achievable milestones with a clear value creation plan to define the full potential of our business. He is an invaluable addition to your company, and I highly recommend him. He is now a board member. ”
Emmanual Crouy – Co-founder & CEO, GrabJobs
Vantage Capital’s View
“GrabJobs has been one of the fast-growing mobile first job portal in Southeast Asia while burning a limited amount of cash. We are glad that GrabJobs’ team and its cutting-edge technology attracted such a strong group of Business Angels and Family Offices. I am excited to join GrabJobs as a Board of Director and to support them in their vision.”
- USD 1,200,000
- Funding Status
- Lead Investor
- Business Angels
- Funding Round
- Series Pre A
- Deal Type
- Year Completed